Before I even had kids, I bought a set of 4 children's card games that were reproductions of old-timey ones; I love that kind of thing. They sat around unopened until about a year ago when 1st Brother was able to start playing them with me. I was really amused by some of the Old Maid cards, which has a circus theme. Several of them wouldn't fly in a set produced today:

Silly Wild Man! Just behave and we won't attach the ball and chain to your ankle! And doesn't Dancing Bear look jolly! He's so happy to be playing the accordion on his hind legs with a rope around his neck!:

And finally, how awful is the concept of the game of Old Maid!?! Don't be the one left with the old spinster! No one wants to be stuck with her! Harsh.
3 comments:
Awesome!
I swear I had that Old Maid set when I was a kid!
i love the look of these... they make me happy.
Post a Comment