Saturday, March 28, 2009

Jennie's got a gun

The idea of having a gun scares me. While it's comforting to think of the protection one may provide in a bad situation, the chance of my kids having a horrible accident or of me having obsessive thoughts about doing something crazy just because it's there are not worth it. But I may have found a way to have my cake and eat it too: I recently bought this little beauty for $9.95 in Chinatown:


It's some sort of BB gun that came with an orange area on the nozzle to show it's fake (nothing that a Sharpie and some black nail polish couldn't disguise--am I going to be arrested for posting this?). My thought is that threatening someone with this pretend, empty gun might help me out in a plight like this one. Or it may encourage the other person to shoot me first when they otherwise wouldn't have. Hmm....

My trusty 1985 t-ball bat is probably still the best option, but what can it hurt to have a fake gun hidden somewhere just in case? It may at least come in handy for a sketch or as part of a costume, and it did give My Boy a thrill--you should have seen him chattering excitedly and trailing me around the house when I first opened it. At least I have a plan; maybe you shouldn't mess with me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That could've come in quite handy for our little scare. Maybe I can muster up the courage to visit you again knowing that's around...

p.s. Your hair is getting so long!

Jen Suman said...

Ha ha! You crack me up. That's awesome! You look very intimidating in these pictures, too. Watch out! The pregnant lady's crazy!

Anonymous said...

You look quite menacing in those pictures! I will NOT mess with you. :)

Kimberley said...

Jennie, you crack me up! Guns scare me and the thought of me having one scares me even more- but you pull it off so well!

jocelyn said...

you are funny. it's actually a really good idea!

Jonny said...

You're one hot pregnant arms owner.

Fabian said...

Wow, seeing you with a gun is the funniest shiznit ever!