Monday, April 20, 2009

Love for PBS

I'm not going to sugar coat or try to justify this: My Boy watches around 3 hours of TV per day, and that ain't gonna improve any time soon. I recently turned on PBS during one of their pledge drives and felt obligated to donate given his viewing habits (plus have you seen any of the American Experience documentaries? The best.). Not everything he watches is educational, mind you. But seriously, PBS. What would pregnant moms--or any kind of moms--do without you?

5 comments:

Jen Suman said...

I love PBS. Do you get PBS Sprout? I like that channel a lot. I'm glad you just came out and said he watches a lot of TV too. Whenever I start to feel guilty about it I stop and realize that despite the amount of TV they watch, they're not watching anything bad and they're still pretty well-rounded and active kids. Besides, hey - I taught myself to read by watching Sesame Street!

On another note - any day now! I keep checking your blog waiting for the news!

Jen Suman said...

Ok, I meant to say that my kids watch a lot of TV too and whenever I start to feel a little guilty..... blah blah blah. I'm slow in the mornings.

Ang said...

Amen! There are a lot worse things they could be watching than PBS.

BBS said...

I can hear the OnDemand PBS sprout song in my head now! Yes TV has become our friend too. Have you hit the T minus two weeks and counting point? I think number two wants to be one week early...I'm just sayin. So excited!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

I always feel guilty when PBS has a pledge drive because I never donate and Braden loves their shows. Good for you! :)