Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving 09

Thanksgiving is usually not that blog worthy, but this year was different.

My sister was married the Friday before in the Provo, Utah temple, with a lovely dinner at The Bungalow the night previous. I left my recommend in SF (genius!) but made the ceremony after jumping through some hoops.

The happy couple (once again, my mom made the dress!):

A candid family shot in between the photographer's efforts:

1st Brother had a bike trailer adventure courtesy of my husband. They went through the drive through at Wendy's,

stopped for some Tree of Wisdom time at BYU,

and fed the campus botany pond ducks:

2nd Brother busied himself by chewing on celery sticks,

playing the old Fisher Price piano,

and getting acquainted with a new 2nd cousin who is about 5 months younger but can also roll over (since he was 3 weeks old! I wouldn't be surprised if he walked before 2nd Brother):

We had our first ever Thanksgiving with the in-laws; so delicious! Grandma thoughtfully set up the kids table with a DVD player. 1st Brother got a Thanksgiving present because I found a Lego Star Wars shirt and couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to him:

Grandma also bought mylar balloons for all 3 grandkids. 2nd Brother REALLY liked his:

We took advantage of the great weather the day after Thanksgiving and did a hike in Zions National Park, down and back in a day. 1st Brother stayed home--we thought it'd be a bit much for him--but I couldn't figure an okay way to leave 2nd Brother. BYU Outdoors Unlimited came through with a baby backpack rental at $8/day (if they didn't have one, I didn't know who would):

He was pretty good in the car (3 hours each way) and was like this for much of the 5-mile hike:

Gramps planned everything out. We were in the Kolob section of Zions near Taylor Creek, and it was lovely.

At our destination, a cool, cavernous rock alcove. It was a great mini trip despite being slowed down by nursing and diaper change needs.

See you again in a couple weeks, Utah! Bye for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a FUN trip! Your sister looks so pretty - I love her dress! Thank you for coming to my wedding reception while you were here - it was so great to see you. Call me when you come again in a couple weeks!

Kimberley said...

We missed you but are so glad you had a fun time- and they must put something in that Utah water because big brother looked a foot bigger than I remember when I saw him singing up there today!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Wow, two weddings in one year! I love the dress! Your mom is very talented!