Wednesday, December 16, 2009

6 and 7 months

Look at those delicious, bread dough thighs!

A cute picture of the boys when Mr. Bear from pre-school spent the weekend with us in mid-November:

-First solids at 5 1/2 months: oatmeal cereal, which continues to be his favorite (why is rice cereal the norm? Do they want babies to be constipated like 1st Brother was?) He likes veggie more than fruit baby food. This time-consuming, messy eater stage can be cute, but I'd skip to age 3 if I could to get past it. Having a spoonful of food swatted away or trying to keep your child from eating his feet between bites is messy and frustrating.

-We were calling him "Hank" a lot, which evolved to "Hankers," then 1st Brother started with "Mankers" and it's become very popular with us

-He does this terrible corner of the mouth, head twist and clamp down move when nursing. He only looks up at me bewildered and/or laughs when I sternly tell him no. No teeth yet, thank goodness. He's become a pretty distracted nurser lately too.

-Reaches out with his feet a lot to touch things around him

-Started reacting around the beginning of December when we'd do something he didn't want--take a toy away, walk out of the room, etc.

-Laughs almost every time lately when we say the word "bam!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, 2nd brother is growing up so fast! He's adorable. I love the picture of the two brothers together!

jocelyn said...

i looove that you said bread dough thighs. it is such an accurate description of chubby baby thighs.

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

I know what you mean about rice cereal! I skipped rice cereal and went straight to oatmeal too!