Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mormon Christmas Song

My husband alerted me to a Mormon Christmas song Conan did recently on The Tonight Show. I hold my breath whenever my faith is mentioned or portrayed in the media--it's very much like overhearing someone talking about you when they don't know you're listening, and what they say can make you really like them or write them off completely.

This situation was especially dicey since two things I hold dear--Conan and my religion--were involved. Even though the song isn't very factual, the singers imply they don't really know what they're talking about, so that saved it for me. I thought it was pretty funny even though Mormons DON'T currently wear old-timey clothes and live in their own small communities or practice polygamy (no thanks--although how many times as a stay-at-home mom have I thought another wife would come in handy! "Can you watch my kids while I go to the store/take a nap?" "You cook tonight and I'll take tomorrow," etc. Assuming, of course, I didn't want to claw the other woman's eyes out).

Here's the song if you haven't seen it:

2 comments:

BBS said...

Shhh...don't tell Ron but I applied for FREE tickets to Conan (about a month ago) and just found out TODAY via email that we actually got tickets. I think they will make a nice stocking stuffer from Santa since there is no way I can keep a secret for Valentines since our reservation is for Friday, Feb 13th! Btw, love your xmas card. So cute. Thanks for being in the picture with the boys.

Mistie said...

Ok, that was funny. I love Max, Conan and Andy so I'm glad it turned out as a joke as well. I also had no idea that Katherine Heigl was LDS.