Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pet Central

Even though it's expensive, sometimes inconvenient, and people may stand across from your church chanting unfair things during Sunday services, San Francisco and the Bay Area is still a pretty great place to live. I was going to make a giant post on cool things I've seen or done in the past several months, but one at a time seems more manageable. Here we go:

Pet Central (on Broadway near Stockton): I wandered in to this Chinatown pet store one day when I was running errands nearby. It's awesome! The animals seem well cared for and it's bright and clean. Looking at the fish downstairs is almost as good as visiting an aquarium--salt water, fresh water, more kinds of goldfish than you knew existed, giant $200 fish, etc. I've never seen cats there, but they usually have puppies--I almost had a cuteness-induced fit when I saw a baby weiner dog and baby Boston terrier there on one trip. They have reptiles, birds, hamsters, chinchillas, and all the supplies you might need. Plus they seem to have a large collection of Chinese movies for rent up front (pets + movie rentals...naturally!). Please, someone go there and purchase pets or pet stuff so I don't feel guilty for never buying anything from them.



2 comments:

Martha said...

Awesome! Keep revealing more secrets of the city, I love having the insider scoop!

KeeKee said...

I love that picture of your Boy and the fish looking at each other. Very cute. Hugs and Kisses.