Monday, November 24, 2008

Dunsmir

I sure do like me some walking through historic rich people's houses! That's why I went to the Dunsmir Estate in Oakland several months ago with a friend and her little guy. Taking 2 youngsters on the tour wasn't the best idea ever, but we made it through. The house isn't as spectacular as a Hearst Castle, as interesting as a Winchester Mystery House, or as well-kept as a Filoli (all fantastic Bay Area rich-people houses to visit if you haven't), but I enjoyed checking out the house and nice grounds.



It's hard to explain to your boy why he can chase dirty rat pigeons around but not the nice ducks:

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh, I LOVE touring old homes! Todd and I went to the Hearst Castle lsat year and it was really cool, and then we went through the Breakers when we were back east this fall. The moral of the story is that I wish I was that loaded :)

christina said...

I'm glad you posted the pictures. I was just thinking about that little excursion the other day. It was really fun...even though it was stressful keeping those little boys (mostly mine) from destroying the mansion.