Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh...forget it!

My Boy has continued to do well with the potty. But he's had some accidents as is to be expected. Most of these involve poop, which is better than the alternative in many ways (I know you're glad I'm telling you this). And I have a confession: it's not very "waste not, want not" of me, but if it seems too much to deal with, I throw the underwear away rather than rinse it out. Come on, parents! I know you've done this or something like it! I'm not all that sqeamish, just lazy. Thank goodness I'm not my mom a generation ago, using cloth diapers and having to deal with this every day, several times a day! I bow to you, Mom.

6 comments:

Marcie said...

We're all closet throw-away-ers. You are the only one brave enough to say it out loud. I support you 100% and confess, I have done the same thing and just replaced them in the past. Phew. Glad to get that off of my chest!!

Can you believe, I have a friend who has given up disposables and gone back to cloth? She is a MUCH better person than I!!

Jen said...

I'm not even to that phase yet and I already admit that I'll be joining you! Good luck with the future accidents . . . hopefully they'll slowly disappear.

Aunt Cyndi's Blog said...

Many years ago I was helping my niece with an accident. We were at a huge theme park and it was a hot and crowded day. I tossed the underwear and the little shorts - without consulting my sister in law. Apparently she was interested in carrying around poopy shorts all day. Opps! They looked rather disposable to me!

Jen Suman said...

I'm with you. Throw them away! I actually flushed a pair of Mya's underwear down the toilet on accident once. I was trying to rinse them off in the toilet and flushed while still holding the underwear partially in the water(If I do rinse them, I do it in the toilet because it totally grosses me out to do it in the sink). Down they went! It didn't even plug up the toilet either! Ha ha! Potty training stories can get interesting!

Jennie said...

I knew it! And I should have broadened the wording on my post to include more than just parents. Marcie and Cyndi, you are VERY nice aunts! That's showing some real family love.

Susie said...

Those were the days! He's now a Freshman in high school. It DOES get better. And what's the big deal about throwing a pair of stinky icky undies out! Only parents can know the stink that comes out of our kiddies! My boy EXPLODED in his car seat just a minute from our house! Thankfully, his Dad did the dead! OH LORD IT WAS HIDEOUS! Needless to say, those clothes were goners!
Susie