Monday, February 10, 2014

A Christmas miracle

To encourage my City boys to think of outside options to fill their time, we got a 15' trampoline as a family Christmas present.  I was surprised at how cheap it was - only $300 including shipping through Amazon - and I guess it was pretty easy to assemble. (My husband did it himself while I recovered from our first "drive through the night" experiment on the way back from Christmas in Utah.  For the record: the drive was okay, but the recovery - for me - was not).

Two months into having it, the trampoline is still getting a lot of use; the novelty hasn't worn off.  I've been on it bouncing the boys and playing beach ball tag, the boys go out together and with friends (after 8:30am as a courtesy to our neighbors) and because it has a net, it's a nice place to just sit and enjoy outside time with Sister while she practices toddling around the bouncy surface.

As you can see, northern California's winter weather can be really tough to deal with - we are SO lucky!



No comments: