Really cute and decorative, I know! I like the flexibility of "Do 5 Mom or Dad jobs," i.e., he does whatever we ask him. It's often sorting, folding and/or putting away clothes, cleaning up 2nd Brother's toys, or distributing building manager notes to tenants. Or sometimes he'll get a check mark for doing the zillion little things he does to help me every day--looking out for 2nd Brother and keeping him entertained, carrying something when my hands are full, fetching something I forget when we're at a store, etc. I'm so grateful that he's such a willing helper! Having 2 kids has been easier than having 1 in most ways because of the great boy he is. That and the almost 4-year age difference (I am a fan).He can earn $2 for completing one chart or a Leapster game for completing four charts (earning other items is negotiable too). He's doing well with it so far and almost always completes his chart by end of Sunday. When school is over (my baby will be done with Kindergarten in a month!), I'll subtract the back pack job and add reading a book out loud every day and doing a certain number of school-related worksheets per week. I don't want to push too hard, but I do want him to keep up his skills.

2 comments:
Merliee Boyack who is lds wrote a good book about teaching your kids how to work....I can't think of the name right now...but check out her books. They are all great, funny and informative. She even has a list by age of what a kid should be able to do.
Thanks for your ideas! I've been thinking about starting a job chart for Braden.
Post a Comment