Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween '09

It's Dash from the Incredibles!

And a baby monkey!

Our first preschool Halloween party (sans eyeliner/washable marker mask on Dash for this occasion):

Then off to our church party on Saturday. My husband and I are Target workers, which I kind of don't want to tell you since we'll probably use the idea again:

This year marked 1st Brother's first real San Francisco trick-or-treating experience (the at-night, in-a-neighborhood kind). In the past we'd done trick-or-treating at the Chestnut street shops during the day, but since he's 4 and more into it now, my husband took him to Sea Cliff:


And here we are with this year's carved pumpkins. We trekked to Kevin's Pumpkin Patch in Marin for them--STAY AWAY. These 2 small pumpkins were $11 (!), it was right next to the freeway, and they wanted $5 for each bounce house your kid wanted to go into (there were 4, so 1st Brother had to choose one). I felt ripped off and was grumpy all day about it.

I have to fight to keep the carving tradition alive--the boys aren't into scooping out the guts and we have no outside space to display our pumpkins--but hopefully the memories will pay off. The jack-o-lanterns did look festive for a couple evenings on our kitchen table, even if they were banished to the fire escape most of the time so we wouldn't get fruit flies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those costumes are awesome! I love your idea of the Target workers costume - so easy but so clever! I'm totally impressed!

Jamie said...

Love the Dash costume. I can't believe how much the boys look alike. They are good-looking children.

We miss you guys!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Cute costumes! I'm going to have to remember the Target employee idea. :) Genius!