Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Daddy drinks because you cry

I've had a taste of single motherhood for the past week and a half while My Husband has been out of town for work--blech! That's not a cry for help; things have really been okay, just relentless, you know? I bow to any single parents out there and to My Husband, who is a really big help. It must be my current circumstances that got me thinking of this list of "rejected children's books," originally sent to me by a co-worker several years ago (and not real, by the way). My favorites:

1. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
2. You Are Different and That's Bad
3. Fun four-letter Words to Know and Share
4. Hammers, Screwdrivers and Scissors: An I-Can-Do-It Book
5. Julie Was So Bad Her Mom Stopped Loving Her
6. Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence
7. The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy
8. Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will
9. Why Can't Mr. Fork and Ms. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen those titles before - SO funny!! made me laugh again - thank you!

Kimberley said...

I always thought banned books were a little silly (even for a conservative person) but those books sound absolutely horrible and would certainly make kids need a shrink!