Wednesday, July 15, 2009

False Alarm

One thing about living in San Francisco: you get your heart broken a lot when friends move away. Last month we saw about 20 families from our church congregation move on, including some integral members of our Wednesday playgroup that has been meeting (and saving the sanity of several moms) for almost 4 years!

Waaaaaahhhhhhh!

So we had pretty much decided it was our turn to make other people sad. My Husband got an offer to work for a university in Virginia, and we were thinking it was time to go. We even told several of you out there we were going. But wait...just kidding! Although we were excited about the lifestyle change and exploring a new area of the country, My Husband ultimately didn't feel settled about taking the job. There were concerns about being in higher education, and we wondered if this was a smart career move, so he declined the offer today. We have a good life in SF, and I am happy about staying, but it looks like we'll be the ones left behind for awhile longer.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

we're glad you're staying!!!

Marcie said...

I would just like to say that I am SOOOO glad you are staying! Although I don't have a reason to go to Playgroup-- it is so good knowing that you are here. You were one of the first people to reach out to me when I moved here, and was drowning in lonliness--

It seems that San Francisco is a very transient city--much like college. People come and stay about 4 years and move on-- that scares me because I have no graduation date, and I always counted on the fact that you would be here with me, and that I wouldn't be alone! LOL (I know, selfish right?)

So--phew. I am so glad you are here. The end.

Michelle said...

Oh I am SO glad you are staying! That way we can reunite when I come back to visit!

Anonymous said...

While Virginia is beautiful, I would probably NEVER see you in Utah if you'd moved there, so I for one am glad you are staying put in San Francisco! ;)

Hillary said...

You KNOW we are happy you're staying. Maybe we can plan to leave at the same time ...

Addi said...

Don't scare me like that EVER again!

kell-bell said...

I'm so glad you are sticking around, you are San Francisco fixture!

Kimberley said...

I'm so glad you are staying!!!! I was so relieved when I heard the final word! Your time will come soon enough but I'm so glad we have you a little longer!

Fabian said...

We are happy you are staying too! We need to get together soon.