Friday, July 3, 2009

MJ Memories

I'm a week late, but here are some of my Michael Jackson memories:

-Being really scared of yellow-eyed monster Michael as he transforms in the "Thriller" video. I first saw it at my friend's house when her babysitter was watching.

-My grandma commenting that he was "the devil himself" (this was before the accusations--I don't think she approved of his dance moves).

-My cousins watching the Moonwalker video a lot. I mostly remember that Claymation rabbit.

-Hearing "Remember the Time" (maybe my favorite song of his) on several ocassions while walking through the Wilkinson Center at BYU. I think it was part of the Social Dance class.

-Buying this MJ doll on eBay and paying more than I wanted to for it ($40-$50 I think?):












I didn't realize until it was too late the auction was in British pounds, plus I had to pay shipping from Britain. It is pretty awesome though. It's still in the box but can play "Black or White" or "Beat It" and came with the outfits he wears in both videos.

P.S. 1st Brother saw the doll in our storage area the other day and said, "Who's she?" and "I like her voice." He insisted Michael was a woman even after I told him he wasn't.

1 comment:

Jen Suman said...

I remember the "Thriller" incident like it was yesterday. I love those dolls, too! I'm sure the price on those has already jumped up. Do you remember my Off The Wall poster? I had a huge crush on MJ when I was 5.
On another note, what did you guys decide on the job offer?