Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Little "It"

A picture and short video from my 20-ish week ultrasound this week. I'd never had the 3D images done before, so that was pretty cool (they did the shadowy kind too):





We did not find out the gender as planned, and this time I didn't see anything to tip me off. With My Boy, the technician told us when we should look away, but I peeked through my fingers and thought I saw boy evidence. This time she never told me when to look away, and I usually had no idea what she was scanning.

Baby looks good. The only issue is the placenta is too low right now and would come out first in a normal delivery, which is bad news. My Ob-Gyn said there's a 90% chance it'll move up out of the way as things stretch and grow, but if not I'll have a c-section a week before my due date. I really don't want that, but of course I'd do it for the safety of the baby. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

7 comments:

Marcie said...

yahooooo!! The baby looks like you!! :)

Jen Suman said...

Those 3D ultrasounds are really cool, but a little creepy at the same time. Sounds like things are going along smoothly, yay! As for the C-section thing, it's really not bad at all if you end up having to go that route. All mine have to be born C-section, and it's actually kind of nice sometimes to be able to stay in the hospital an extra day. I'm so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

So cool (and Jenni is right, a little tiny bit creepy!!)You're already half way done - cool!

Let me know when you'll be here so we can plan a dinner or something!

Addi said...

I'm going to call it a she. That's what I think.

Porter Family said...

Aren't those 3D images crazy! So good to hear everything looks great. Congrats!

Ange said...

Wowser- we wish you all the best, cute girl as the baby grows. I think the eyelashes are the next.

Christine Ryan said...

Your baby looks amazing. Best of luck for a safe delivery when the time comes. I'll keep you in my prayers for the placenta to move on its own in the coming weeks. I hope all else is going well. Take care.