Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Creepy Personal Trainer

I've exercised more consistently during the last couple months than I have for awhile. I walk with some super cool lady friends two mornings a week for an hour (it is only peer pressure that can get me out of bed at 5:55am), and then My Husband found something great for a few other days a week. It's an old XBox "game" called Yourself Fitness. Basically you tell a computer-animated woman named Maya how long and how often you'll commit to exercising, and she has you do some stuff to evaluate your fitness. Then she creates workouts for you and leads you Jane Fonda-style through aerobics, weights, sit ups, etc. depending on the equipment you have. It's a much cheaper alternative to a real personal trainer, and I find myself wanting Maya to compliment me (I get all defensive and shameful when she says things like, "I notice you've been missing your workouts lately..."). I need to prepare myself for the beat down that will surely come next week after returning from vacation. She can't be happy with a person who's been eating Taco Time soft bean burritos, attending dollar movies, and shopping for books at DI for 2 weeks, can she?


4 comments:

Ang said...

that's hilarious!

Jen Suman said...

Ha ha! I love it! It was good to see you and the fam!

Christine Ryan said...

That's great! I need to try this.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how well I would handle criticism from a computer. I'd probably beat the thing up! (But that's a work out of sorts, I guess!) Sorry it didn't work out to see you when you were here - next time for sure!