Saturday, January 25, 2020

2020 Birthday CD

Yeah, I know my sister subscribes to a music streaming service. But she still has a CD player in her car, and as long as that's true, I'm making a CD for her.

1) Don't Stop Me Now: Queen
2) Automatic: The Pointer Sisters--probably my favorite song on this year's CD. One of my kids pointed out part of the background music sounds like Mario Kart; it totally does
3) Why Did You Do That?: Lady Gaga--from the soundtrack for A Star Is Born, a movie I really liked. This and the other Lady Gaga song at #10 are her crappy sell-out pop songs in the movie, yet they are the ones I like best 
4) Stressed Out: twenty one pilots
5) Rewind: Craig David--"Craig David all over your (boink)" 2nd Brother sings that a lot.
6) Pick U Up: Foster the People--credit to my husband
7) Creep: TLC
8) bad guy: Billie Eilish
9) Look What You Made Me Do: Taylor Swift
10) Hair Body Face: Lady Gaga
11) Rosalinda's Eyes: Billy Joel--from a great scene in Freaks and Geeks
12) You Got To Me: Neil Diamond--I got to watching a YouTube clip from American Bandstand where they played this song while some couples participated in a dance contest. How had I not heard it before? It's very good.
13) Vowels: Capital Cities--credit to my husband
14) I Like It: Cardi B
15) DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love: Usher--my kids have been back into the video game Minecraft recently, and they like a parody version of this song where the chorus says, "the Creeper's trying to steal our stuff again."
16) Fireball: Pitbull--was originally higher on the track listing but got moved down because I think my sister will be embarrassed by it
17) Panini: Lil Nas X--credit to 1st Brother
18) On Melancholy Hill: Gorillaz--credit to my husband
19) You Got It All: The Jets--a group of eight Mormon Polynesian siblings who had NINE younger brothers and sisters. As in 17 kids total!
20) Freeway of Love: Aretha Franklin--my dad played this song so much for a time while I was growing up. I especially remember him singing the line, "how'd you get you pants so tight?" 

No comments: