Monday, January 21, 2019
2019 Birthday CD
It's still happening. Here are the tracks on my sister's 2019 birthday CD:
1) Feel It Still: Portugal. The Man--the hook has the same tune as "Hey there, wait a minute Mr. Postman" from the song by the Marvelettes
2) Let Me Love You (feat. Justin Bieber): DJ Snake
3) You Know It Doesn't Matter Anymore: Hall & Oates--my new all-time favorite of theirs
4) Southern Nights: Glen Campbell
5) My House: Flo Rida--I first heard this on the day of my uncle's funeral when it was performed by my cousin's animatronic Brigham Young. Someone had to distract us.
6) God's Plan: Drake
7) On Our Own: Bobby Brown--"Too hot to handle, too cold to hold." Probably my favorite song this year. Credit to my husband
8) Supercut: Lorde--credit to my husband
9) Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show: Neil Diamond--I still keep a CD player in the kitchen and listen to old CDs when I'm making dinner, and this track jumped out a few months ago. I like the gospel singers in the background.
10) Amie: Pure Prarie League--heard when I watched the fantastic Freaks & Geeks TV show
11) Ride Wit Me: Nelly
12) 7 Days: Craig David--they were playing this on the music-go-round ride at the Boardwalk and I was like, "Whaaaat?!"
13) Alone Too Long: Hall & Oates
14) Wham Bam Shang-a-Lang: Silver
15) You've Got It (The Right Stuff): New Kids on the Block-- The Internet just told me it's a Weird Al song that says, "I love the white stuff, baby, in the middle of an Oreo." Oh! They played that on radio Disney growing up.
16) Rhinestone Eyes: Gorillaz--credit to my husband
17) Walnut Tree: Keane--credit to my husband
18) New Attitude: Patti LaBelle--Dr. Laura used to use this song on her radio show
19) Happy Hour (Lefti Remix): Weezer
20) Rhiannon, lullaby version: Rockabye Baby--the same cousin that made me aware of My House was playing lullaby versions of famous songs in the background at a party he had. There are tons of them, and they are interesting.
21) Cry Me a River, lullaby version: Rockabye Baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment