Last summer I started showing "Mama movies" to the boys, i.e., movies I love that they are probably old enough to appreciate now.
We started off with Toby Tyler. Mr. Stubbs was a big hit, especially the scene where he gets a hold of the sheriff's gun and shoots at people:
Three Amigos went over well. They watched the Singing Bush scene about 5 times in a row:
From my Facebook post: "Proud parenting moment: I watched What's Up, Doc? with my boys last weekend, and 1st Brother asked if he could show it to his friend today after school. Definitely yes."
Napoleon Dynamite. As a bonus, we could all feel some Mormon pride while enjoying its weirdness:
Yours, Mine & Ours is a family favorite from growing up that had more mature themes than I remembered:
I hadn't seen Mystery Men for several years, but it still made me laugh out loud a lot, and the boys understood the humor:







No comments:
Post a Comment