Saturday, January 24, 2015

2015 Birthday CD

I thought I was done making birthday CDs for my sister after I was very low on ideas for last year's. But once again, my husband saved the day by making another surprise playlist for me--6 of his tracks made the cut this year--and I stumbled across other things via Armstrong & Getty, movies I saw, and by occasionally looking around iTunes.  Music makes me so happy; I need to make more time for it.

1) Peg: Steely Dan--with Michael McDonald on background vocals?!  Yes, please.
2) Delirious: Prince
3) Looking for Love: Johnny Lee--I'd only ever heard a parody of this song, from Eddie Murphy on the SNL skit "Buh-Weet Sings," which is hilarious; turns out the original song is really great too 
4) Tin Man: America--my sister is going to freak out over this one if she doesn't know it already
5) Lonely Boy: The Black Keys
6) Rich Girls: The Virgins
7) Signs: Snoop Dog & Justin Timberlake
8) Lay Down Sally: Eric Clapton--especially good after you see crazy, sad Meryl Streep dancing around to it in August: Osage County
9) Biggest Part of Me: Ambrosia--sappy love song goodness
10) Wrecking Ball: Miley Cyrus
11) Shake It Off: Taylor Swift
12) Fever: The Black Keys
13) Hey Nineteen: Steely Dan
14) I'd Really Love To See You Tonight: England Dan & John Ford Coley
15) Girl From Ipanema: Frank Sinatra--I love this one so much.  That samba beat is hypnotizing
16) Can't Get You Out of My Head: Kylie Minogue
17) Hurricane Jane: The Black Kids
18) A Little Party Never Killed Nobody: Fergie
19) These Days: Nico--it's hard to dislike any song associated with The Royal Tennenbaums
20) Riptide: Vance Joy
21) Philomena: Alexandre Desplat

No comments: