Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Veritable smorgasbord

Despite my love for amusement parks and carnivals, I don't recall ever attending a state fair growing up.  So when I heard from my radio boyfriends in 2009 that California's was happening and that THEY HAD SOME RIDES FROM MICHAEL JACKSON'S NEVERLAND RANCH, I decided we had to go.

We took some pictures with Michael.  2nd Brother was 3 months old at the time:
1st Brother had fun on the MJ rides and many others:
They had many other things for kids to do - lots of livestock (including adorable babies), a big vegetable garden to see how things grow, a bug exhibit, and a farm-themed play area:



To top off our night, we ate a fried Twinkie.  It was disappointing - the filling evaporates in the hot grease, and the fried outside did nothing for it--but when in Rome, right?   


We made our return to the State Fair this summer.  The brothers made good use of their unlimited ride wristbands, and I let them play one carnival game each.  There was a cool exhibit on the history of candy with a gift shop, and we ate chocolate-covered bacon (delicious!).  We stayed past dark when it gets real magic-y, and I am vowing to go back every year.     

2nd Brother all growed up on the pedal tractor: 


Relaxing with some foot vibration:


Posing in one of the county exhibits:

No comments: