Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"I don't have shoes!"

My husband's parents were in town this summer and wanted to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge.  Having sworn off crossing the bridge in anything but a car, I offered to drop them off with the boys while I went to a favorite consignment place for kids' clothes; my husband was at work. (I have obsessive thoughts about flinging myself or other things of value over the railing, a good reason not to go.  Also bad: the white alligator pit at the Academy of Sciences).  We got everything together, drove into the City, stopped where there wasn't a parking spot in the very full lot near the bridge, and started unloading in a hurry.  Then comes 1st Brother's voice from the very back of the car: "I don't have shoes!"  Ummm, what?!  It was so ridiculous that I could only shake my head.  

He came with me and waited in the car while I was in the store.  I looked through their shoes, but the best I could come up with were some Spiderman sandals that were about 4 sizes too small.  Too bad, so sad: 


We met the others for a photo op, then he hobbled around Nick's Crispy Tacos and Helen Wills playground in the shoes without much complaining.  It ended up being a good outing, definitely one with a memorable start.  

1 comment:

Annie H. said...

Your oldest is SO BIG!! Holy cow!! And...I can totally relate with the need to throw things over a bridge. (I never do, I just really, really, really want to...)