My husband introduced me to the My Fitness Pal iPhone app--they have a website too. Counting calories is a pain, but it's eye-opening (the first day, I only had 200 calories left for dinner--oops!). And it works. I lost 4 pounds in about 6 weeks, and that's with a week of "I'll eat what I want" vacation in there and sometimes not tracking weekends. Hooray! I haven't been sticking to it as strictly as I was, but I know what I can do if I get that snug feeling again.
P.S. If you really want to be effective, have your spouse or friend track what they eat too and then agree to swap and review the other person's food diary at the end of the day! Shame = motivation.

2 comments:
nice work!...not that you needed to lose any
I agree - what do you have to lose?? Thanks for the tip for those of us (i.e., ME) that actually do need to lose weight. There is nothing worse than NONE of your pants fitting :( Ick. I LOVE your "shame = motivation." Truer words were never spoken. :)
Post a Comment