-Like 1st Brother, he talks a lot. He will speak to someone on the phone until I tell him it's Mama's turn again. My overall favorite word he says is "eyeball." I'm also very amused by the older boy words he knows: "Batman," "Iron Man," "Indiana Jones," "Star Wars," "gun," and "McDonalds."
-He's been very spunky with 1st Brother lately, hitting and pinching him, and screaming, "No, NO!" for the littlest reasons. But he is timid and quiet with other kids and easily shares most toys (or hands them over as a kid approaches as if to say, "Here man, just take it. I don't want any trouble, okay?")
-Can sing a recognizable version of the ABC song, count from 1-10, identify basic colors and tell the Golden Gate and Bay bridges apart.
-Pizza, french fries, and jelly beans are favorite foods (not that he gets them often). He's a picky eater and small for his age, but that will probably change.
-He's in a big cars and trains phase but still loves basketball, the "I'm going to get you" game, and throwing/kicking a beach ball while he stands on Mom and Dad's bed.
I let 1st Brother stay up late the night before and help set out the presents (we've fallen into a tradition of having the b-day boy go on a treasure hunt for gifts). Mom and Dad re-gifted the wooden train track and fake food sets from storage. We also gave him a kitchen set that 1st Brother's classroom was getting rid of--I scrubbed it down really well. The thing about having a second boy and living in a small space is that you DON'T NEED OR WANT MORE STUFF! Thus the re-gifting, especially since he didn't know what was going on.
He had an Entemann's glazed donut instead of a cake, which our family much prefers. 1st Brother suggested we draw train tracks on it with icing and put Thomas on top:

2 comments:
What a creative idea for the donut! I love that pic with second brother in the Batman shirt. He couldn't possibly smile more.
He is a CUTIE! What a smile. I love the way you decorated that donut, too!
Post a Comment