Monday, February 22, 2010

9 months

He's losing his leg chubs and has more stick-up, baby orangutan hair lately:

First time in a park swing (would have been sooner if it wasn't so easy to leave him at home with dad for the past few months):

The "old man without his dentures" smile:

The brothers are way too cute together; each thinks the other is completely hilarious.

-I found his first tooth (bottom right) on 2/16 when fishing pea skins from his mouth. He hadn't been overly cranky, so I was surprised.

-He can really pack the baby and table food away lately and isn't super interested in nursing. He's down to about 4 times in 24 hours, and I'm a little stressed hoping he's getting what he needs. At 17 pounds he's a lightweight, but so was 1st Brother.

-If you hold him facing you at eye level, he will pull at your eyelashes! Seems I am 2 for 2 in passing along my family's weird picking and plucking compulsions (1st Brother has been stopping to peel loose bark from trees lately. Geesh.).

5 comments:

Brooke said...

He is such a delightful little guy! We sat behind you on Sunday and couldn't get enough of his smiles! Very adorable!

The Chappell Fam said...

Ha! I love your comparisons, "old man without the dentures" smile made me giggle good.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie - I love that the brothers are already little buddies. I love that green monkey hoodie! And the "old man" smile is adorable!

Rocia said...

he is so so cute jennie! love the brother pic!

Jamie said...

2nd brother is killing me with cuteness!
Side Thought: I wonder what 2nd Brother will do when I hold him at eye level??