Friday, February 6, 2009

Born That Way

Several members of my immediate and extended family have a tendency. A tendency to pick obsessively at blemishes, hair, peeling skin, etc. It was evident pretty early on that I had passed this trait to My Boy. I honestly don't think I taught him this behavior--it's been our own little study in what has to be genetic pre-disposition.

These photos of him picking at My Husband's feet were taken a couple months ago. What made this occasion more alarming than usual was the things My Boy was saying when My Husband tried to pull his feet away: "Hold still! Hold still, okay dad?," "Stop--it doesn't hurt," and "But I NEED to do it!" Uh-oh.








Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Michelle said...

That's awesomely disgusting.

Hillary said...

LOL!

Jen Suman said...

I remember you telling me about this. It's really strange sometimes the things we pass on to our kids. I've definitely passed this on to my kids, too. I completely understand how he feels when he says, "I NEED to do it!"

Brent said...

mmmmm... picking at the feet.

Kimberley said...

I have the same problem! Probably the quality Nick hates most about me... so that's frightening to know that it can be passed on! It's totally addictive behavior!

Anonymous said...

yeah, i can relate, too. Just can't leave things alone! Good to know I'm not alone in the world :)