Tuesday, October 14, 2008

London Pics

Some Big Ben/Parliament, Tower Bridge and London Eye shots (the Ferris wheel thing):











At Greenwich, standing over the Prime Meridian line:



Tower of London:



The Albert Memorial in Kensington Gardens. My guide book told me Queen Victoria's husband Albert didn't want a monument built to him but she did anyway and went all out:



The Princess Diana Memorial Fountain in Kensington Gardens. Very lovely:



Two more from Kensington Gardens. The palace where Diana stayed after her divorce is in the background of the 2nd shot:





My Husband during his tour of the Chelsea soccer stadium (I walked around a nearby cemetery rather than pay the $25ish dollars to go along):





So sleepy on the Underground:



Hampton Court Palace. We spent close to 5 hours here trying to absorb all the history and interesting info:



Me trying to look regal and stately:










Hedge maze (could only think of The Shining while in it of course):



Trafalgar Square with one of the awesome, enormous lions made from melted cannons:



Westminster Abbey--one of my favorite things. So many famous people buried in the floor!



One of the underground bunker rooms from which Winston Churchill and his people ran WWII:



On a fabulous night walk over the Thames after visiting the Tate Modern Museum:



The incredible Imperial War Museum:





At the British Museum with one of the Parthenon statues that Greece wants back (England says, "Ummm...no."):



Mummies!



In Shakespeare's backyard at his birthplace:





Warwick Castle further out in the country. My Husband is waving at you from the top of the tower:









The cathedral at Christchurch at Oxford:



Here's where the students at Oxford eat. This room was apparently re-created and used in one of the Harry Potter films (not that I'd know):



The Oxford/Christchurch Commons:

8 comments:

Aunt Cyndi's Blog said...

What a fantastic trip! So glad you got to go. I am so green with envy!!

Hillary said...

Ditto. I'm soooooo jealous! Someday... :)

Jen Suman said...

How fun! I would love to go on a trip there someday! It's so beautiful, and so much history! That shot of you in the hedge maze is definitely straight out of The Shining!

Anonymous said...

Wow - looks like quite the trip!! I'm glad you got to go! Sorry we couldn't get together while you were in Utah - next time for sure!

Addi said...

WOW! A dream vacation! You did good with taking pictures.

Kimberley said...

Wow! I love your pictures!!! Looks like you had a great time and really saw everything!!!

Martha said...

YAY! What a fabulous trip! Great pictures. I particularly like the one of you "looking regal". haha

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

That's awesome you went to London! I'm so jealous!! :) You saw so many sites! How did you do that pregnant and tired?