Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Celebrity Sightings

In the past two weeks I've drastically increased my life-long tally of celebrity sightings. First, Miley Cyrus was on our London to LA flight:

She was NOT sitting in coach like the rest of us suckers (it really was horrible with the 11 hour flight), but I saw her when she came back to talk to one of her people. She was at times right next to us in the customs line at LAX, and I confirmed with another one of her people in line behind us that it was her. She was small and loud and in a much better, more talkative mood than anyone else seemed to be. She was with her blonde sister and some guy carrying bags for her, but no real bodyguard-looking people. That is my report.

Tuesday at the Oakland airport, I looked over and noticed this guy start loading stuff in a van that pulled up:

It's Adam from The Next Food Network Star, of course! I really liked this show over the summer and thought Adam would win the final 3 tie breaker, but he didn't. This is probably the most personally exciting sighting I've had, especially since I had a slight crush on him and knew a couple of my sisters would be very excited when I told them the news. I'm regretting not saying anything to him, but oh well.

For the record, the only other sighting I'd count is Mike from The Real World several years ago at a southern California airport:

Doesn't he kind of look like My Husband?

And I've seen the always well-dressed Willie Brown a couple times if I can count local celebrities (he's the former mayor of SF):

I've also seen those old lady twins who dress alike twice--once coming up the escalator at Macy's in Union Square, and once walking near Huntington Park on Nob Hill. I wish I had an identical twin to be crazy with when I get older! They are awesome:

Who have you seen?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having worked at Sundance for almost 10 years, I've seen: Jane Fonda, (and Ted Turner), Bob of course, Sally Field, Danny Glover, Katie Holmes (pre-Tom Cruise), Sigourney Weaver, Matthew Perry (who told me he liked my voice??)and then I literally ran right into Denzel Washington with a tray (and then he smiled dazzingly at me and said, 'hey, that's okay!" when I looked at him, horrified), Pierce Brosnan held the door open for me once, and then I've seen a whole slew of "B-list" actors: Wayne Knight ("Newman" on Seinfeld...I rented a car for him and had to BITE my tongue from saying, "Hello, NEWMAN"), Joseph Gordon Leavitt, Wendie Malick (who played Nina on "Just Shoot Me"), Wes Craven, Ray Romano, Sam Neill, Rick Schroder, one of the less well-known Baldwin brothers (Danny I think?), Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (who are teeny tiny, like little dolls), and that's all I can remember off the top of my head! OH - and I never saw him, but I bought groceries for Mel Gibson and his family (I remember buying organic fruits & veggies and...double-stuffed Oreos. I thought that was funny!) I also never saw Ben Stiller and his family but I set up a catered dinner in their room.

Jen Suman said...

I remember seeing Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley at Walt Disney World, all in disguise. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think your parents were there at the same time and saw him too? Others I've seen include Kareem Abdul-Jabar (sp?) at the Kauai airport (I found it funny that he was getting into a Honda Civic because he's about 10 ft. tall), Forrest Whitaker at Sundance, Andre Agasse and Steffi Graff were sitting a booth away from us at a totally crappy diner in Las Vegas, Ryan Seacrest at a Sundance Film Festival party, Neleah from Survivor at the same Sundance party, Pauly Shore also at the Sundance Film Festival (he actually invited us to a screening of a film he was in, we walked out), Stephen Baldwin also at the SFF, the Jackass guys also at SFF...oh, and my brother Jeff once nailed Paris Hilton with a snowball when he saw her at the Sundance Film Festival.

Jennie said...

Wow, my sightings are totally lame compared to you people! I completely forgot about seeing Robert Redford once--oops!

Kimberley said...

Awesome- every little girl in America's dream! Hanah Montana! but seriously- it doesn't get any better than our local nob hill celebritites!

jocelyn said...

i love that miley was on your flight! how fun! i saw tia and tamara (you know, sister/sister!) at the mandalay bay pool one time, carrot top (he is the creepest creep of all time) at mgm grand, and tapanga from boy meets world at the mall. miley totally beats all of those!

KeeKee said...

Mom says,"You are correct, Jen Suman. Yes, we saw you and your family just after we were rubbing shoulders with Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie in the "I Love Lucy" exhibit. On my recent visit to D.C., I saw Laura and Jen Bush getting into a black, Secret Service vehicle, and Al Franken crossing the street. He's currently in a recount showdown in Minnesota for a Senate seat. Good luck to you Al-you're good enough, smart enough, and doggone it,people like you!

I can't hold a match to my "celebrity magnet" husband, however:
His list includes the likes of Jimmy Conners, David Copperfield,
Richard Simmons (he got an autograph from him-yikes!), John Krasinski, and last, but certainly not least-he pumped iron with Dennis Rodman and Madonna. Yup, the Material Girl herself. Too bad I can't remember them all...I'm sure there will be many more to come-he's just that kind of guy.

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

I saw Cary Elwes (from Princess Bride) at the gym in my small town in Oklahoma while he was there filming Twister. My friend asked him for his autograph and he reluctantly gave it to her.

I also saw Elizabeth Smart at the bank on BYU campus. She was working there.